2015 Pre-race Weather Alert – 10:03 pm Friday Night


Attention all runners. As you can see the weather is not being very nice to us at all. As the weather and course conditions change throughout the night we will be monitoring.

At the moment, the conditions are poor. The forecast is for the snow to continue through the night and stop by 6am. The current conditions have caused many power outages in areas across the city including parts of downtown. This makes things unpredictable for how things will look in the morning.

I am hopeful that we can go ahead as planned. In the event we decide not to for many reasons such as runner safety, one option that is being considered is to close the 21.1km course, giving those runners the option to run the 5km or 10km course. This is not our most desirable plan but one that is being considered.

Please if you are considering not running in the 21km course because you are registered come out and run the 5km or 10km. We may have to do that anyhow.

Please watch for updates on email Twitter and Facebook.

Sgt Wade Bourassa
Saskatoon Police Run